Thursday, January 8, 2015

Inspiration for Art

Getting back to work after the holidays is always tough for me.  This year it took me almost a week to recuperate.  I've realized that the best way to get the creative juices flowing again after a brief hiatus is to jump into the work again.  Chuck Close sums up what I think is so true..
        
     "I always thought that inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work.
If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightening to strike you in the brain,
 you're not going to make an awful lot of work."  

For now, I'm focusing on painting household items.  Some of these items can be tricky to replicate in paint - porcelain items, ceramics, metals...  I'm currently working on a small painting that depicts a porcelain sugar bowl and brown cane sugar.  In this painting, the slightly transparent nature of  the sugar compliments the opaque, shiny smoothness of the sugar bowl.  Stay tuned for the finished product.

No comments: